Sept 23-Surprise..transfer calls..will now be in the Toronto YSA ward and training a brand new missionary for my last transfer.




Surprise, we got transfer calls! I'll be leaving and heading to the heart of downtown Toronto. I will now be in the Toronto YSA ward and training a brand new missionary for my last transfer. Super hyped I am staying in the city and probably going to my dream area to end ahh....well this past transfer was pretty close to my dream area as well haha. It was another extremely bumping week. We were able to find 5 new, have 3 at church and three on date for baptism!! It is for sure bitter sweet but I know God has some crazy amazing things in store for Toronto YSA and us. This past week was sweet as my companion and I legit felt like celebrities ðŸ˜‚. We honestly had five or six people either come up to us or over hear us talking to someone else and want to hear more about the powerful message of the Restored Gospel. This truly shows me the power that comes from the message we have a great priviledge to share...let me emphasize it's not us it is the message we share! It is because of this exact thing. "26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:26-27). The Holy Ghost has an effect nothing this world can provide! How extraordinary is that....if it wasn't true why does this feeling come to me and millions of others. This feeling can be felt to any humble seeker. "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." (Mosiah 3:19). Be those that yield to the Holy Spirit. This week we met someone who exemplifies this quality to the extreme. She is a 19 year old girl who we got talking to. We were just sitting on the bus and this lady decided to start screaming at this person for some reason....just the usual haha. Anyway she ended up getting kicked off after about 5mins of her yelling and cursing this other ladie on the bus. Fortunately this created a great conversation starter haha. Elder Cox was able to teach her about the Book of Mormon well I taught another ladie in the front of the bus about the Book of Mormon and ended up getting both there numbers! But we got off at the same stop as this 19 year old girl and was able to continue to talk to her and hear her excitement to learn more. We ended up meeting up two days later and sharing about how the Book of Mormon came to be as well as The Church of Jesus Christ of Later day saints. The lesson went super well and we were hyped. As we walked out we started talking a little more and realized she bussed over a hour to meet with us (if that's not dedication I don't know what is haha). From this information we also found out she wasn't in our area boundaries....as we only cover a curtain area. This devastated both my companion and I because of how well this lesson just had gone. We contact the missionaries that day (Saturday) and let them know the situation so we could set up a time to do a lesson with all of us to pass her off to them to start teaching her (as they live closer to her, as well as the chapel the missionaries that should have been meeting with her is way closer to her). This leads me to Saturday night when we get our calls for transfers.....I ended up getting moved to the area that can teach her as she lives right downtown Toronto and the area I have just been in for the past six weeks only covers the outskirts of Toronto! It so crazy as she was just going to visit a friend and this miracle came to pass. God is so good when we put ourselves in a situation to impact His beloved Children. I know our Father in Heaven cares and feels the utmost importance to give all of His Children a chance to return home. I know that is through the Knowledge of our Saviour and redeemer Jesus Christ. "8 And now, behold, I will testify unto you of myself that these things are true. Behold, I say unto you, that I do know that Christ shall come among the children of men, to take upon him the transgressions of his people, and that he shall atone for the sins of the world; for the Lord God hath spoken it. 9 For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement which it is expedient should be made. 10 For it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice; yea, not a sacrifice of man, neither of beast, neither of any manner of fowl; for it shall not be a human sacrifice; but it must be an infinite and eternal sacrifice."(Alma 34:8-10). Without an opportunity to repent and change for the better through Christ we would have no hope of returning home to our Father in Heaven. Anyway been a wonderful week. Super excited for this last transfer to go hard with a new guy. The weather is still insanely hot and humid. But hope you all have a great week!!! Love ya

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June 11, 2018 . Another miracle-found a family to teach!

October 15, 2018..Am so blessed..